Friday, April 24, 2009

Day 4: This World is Not Our Home


Ecclesiastes 3:11 (NLT)
Yet God…has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end.

This life is not all there is… it’s just a preparation for eternity. It’s like preschool before grade school, try-outs before making the team, practice before the big game, a warm-up lap before the race. Get the picture?

This reminded me of what my roommate in college, Jen, use to always remind me when we had hard days or felt discouraged…

“The world is not our home.”

Day four discusses that very idea. That this time on earth is such an insignificant time in our lives when you look at the whole picture of our purpose.

“The closer you live to God, the smaller the worldly things appear.”

“When you live in light of eternity, your values change.”

I love those two quotes from our Bible study because it puts my mind on what my real perspective, as a Christian, should be.

The question to ponder on was this: Since I was made to last forever, what is one thing I should stop doing and what is one thing I should start doing?

My biggest change that I should start doing is boldly sharing my faith without worrying about who I might offend or annoy. I want people to know the Way, the Truth and the Life. I want others to have an eternity in Heaven and have all the blessings I have opened my eyes to seeing in my own life.

Hebrews 13:14 (LB)
”This world is not our home; we are looking forward to our everlasting home in Heaven.”

No comments: